Sunday, April 17, 2011

Swagger Wagon

I would say I'm a pretty good driver. With no tickets or at-fault accidents on my record, you might think so too...until you hear that I've been a part of THREE total-loss wrecks in the past four years. What caused them, you ask? Teenage driver changing a CD, random deer in front of Wal-Mart, teenager reaching for his cell phone. (I'm now on the lookout for deer on the side of the road plotting to jump out in front of me just to keep the pattern going.)

Each time I get a new car, I think "Ok, THIS is the car that I'll drive until it dies. And then WHAM - a teenager or deer changes that plan. I'm now officially on a first-name basis with the USAA total loss adjusters...

As a result of these not-awesome wrecks -- this last one leading to my six-week-old infant screaming in the backseat while I tried futilely to open his door that was stuck shut -- I think I have traded in any remaining desire to have a cool, young, fun, car, and all I care about it that it is safe and reliable...and has room for more, awesome little ones when they come along. 

So, without further ado, here is my new ride, complete with curtain airbags and the highest crash test ratings out there:



I am so thankful for my new, safe car, and that God protected my sweet family through yet another big wreck. Here's hoping this one sticks around for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment