Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Big little guy at 22 weeks

Today was my 22 week appointment, and due to a crazy first trimester, (and then our big ultrasound appointment last month) this was my first normal, non-ultrasound appointment. It felt so wonderful not to be nervous going in, and to just have time to talk and ask questions to my doctor, and enjoy hearing baby Jack's heartbeat rather than worrying about anything else. My doctor was very pleased that baby's heartbeat sounds great, my levels, blood pressure, and weight were all exactly what he wanted, and that I could answer an emphatic "yes" to if our little guy was moving around. :) One funny thing: just as I was lying down for him to measure my belly, I asked him about the Braxton-Hicks I'd been having, and as if on cue my belly contracted into an enormous, pointy mountain of a belly! 


He then measured my belly...and then he measured it three more times. Though I was at a reasonable 10 pound total weight gain today, our little guy measured at not 22 or 23 weeks...but 26! I can tell by his movements that he is a big guy, and it seems like I can practically feel him growing, he's getting so big recently, but I was surprised to hear just how big he is! I know a belly measurement at 22 weeks isn't a great indicator of how much he'll weigh closer to birth, so I'll be curious to see over the next appointments what happens -- if this was a growth spurt and baby Jack tapers off some now, or if he keeps on growing like this! Either way, we were so happy today for a great appointment with our big, healthy baby boy! Next month's appointment: Rhogam shot, flu shot, and glucose test! 


No comments:

Post a Comment