Friday, July 30, 2010

Seventh Annual Girls "Beach" Weekend

I have the most wonderful group of girlfriends from growing up. Two I've known since preschool, one since elementary school, and two I met in college. All of them stood up with me as bridesmaids at my wedding, and they really are the kindest, most loyal friends you could ever ask for. I look up to each one of these ladies, and learn so much from each of them. Plus, we just have a lot of fun together!

Ever since my bachelorette party weekend away, we've committed to getting away together as just girls each year. This year one friend was just weeks from her due date, one was just weeks postpartum, and I wasn't feeling up to a long car trip with whole nausea bit, so we compromised and brought the beach weekend a little closer to home - to Elisabeth's lakehouse!

We had the most wonderful weekend relaxing, catching up, taking walks, cooking, laying out, swimming, watching movies, and celebrating babies and birthdays.

I only have a quick picture from when we were leaving to remember the trip by. And, sweet Becca had to leave early, so she missed this picture. (Did any of you girls take other pictures from the weekend?)

I am so thankful that in the midst of jobs, babies, and busy schedules, we all come from our five different cities to meet up each year and spend time together. Here's to many more beach trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment