Sunday, November 21, 2010

Birmingham Baby Shower!

My sweet Birmingham girlfriends hosted such a wonderful baby shower last weekend to help celebrate this little guy! It was such a lovely day of visiting with friends and family and celebrating. And, something extra special to me is that my mom, mother-in-law, and all of my sisters got to be there! Thank you all for the effort for coming from out of state!


The shower was just lovely and the hostesses left no detail unattended -- from the adorable invitations (thank you Ann Wade and Heidi!), to the sweet Mother Goose guest book, to the fantastic finger foods (who doesn't love mini shrimp and grits?! -- thank you, Allison!), to the awesome door wreath that we'll get to take to the hospital (I'm so impressed with Ellen for making this!).


We were overwhelmed with the generosity of our friends and family -- baby Jack now has his car seat, mattress, enough gift cards for us to get him his Pack N Play, outfits, blankets, a wooden Noah's ark, a Moby wrap, a photography session...the list goes on. Thank you, thank you, thank you, hostesses, family, and friends, for the love you showed the three of us on Saturday! We are even more excited and encouraged about all that is to come!


Me with all my sisters, - Cassie, Annaliese, Julianna, Savannah, Rosie,  and the newest addition - Stephanie, who will marry Philip in May!


My sweet hostesses, Rebecca, Ellen, Ann Wade, and Allison!


My wonderful small group girls.


The adorable invitation made by my very talented cousin, Heidi!


The sweet guest book that everyone signed!


Just a taste of all the wonderful food - petite fours and baby shrimp and grits!


The adorable wreath for our door that Ellen made!


Me and AW


His little car seat!




Me and my big sis.


Some of the sisters!
Some of the sweet gifts I can't wait for him to use!

2 comments:

  1. I'm SOOOO sad I missed your shower Johannah :( Sounds like you had a wonderful time and you look beautiful as ever. Can't wait to meet Jack! (Maybe he'll come early so we can meet him when we are back for Christmas :) Miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were very missed, Ellen! I LOVE the swaddle blankets you sent, though! I've made some progress already, so you may just get your wish! I can't wait to meet Harris! :) Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete