Friday, March 18, 2011

Meeting Granny

Those of you who know me well have probably heard how wonderful my Granny is. She is an amazing woman and the best grandmother we could ask for. My childhood memories of her are of her reading us wonderful books (Katie No Pocket, Cully Cully and the Bear, etc), bouncing us on her lap, and telling us wonderful stories. My a little older memories of her are of road trips with her and Annaliese, swimming until the days ended in her pool, and of her hosting my high school and college friends when we road tripped to her home on Lookout.


This year Granny moved out of the home she moved into as a bride, and into a lovely retirement center. When my parents and three Nashville siblings went to see her on Spring Break, baby Jack and I hopped in for the ride! 




Granny, me, Jack, and Dad

Not only that, but we picked up my (adorable) preggo sister along the way. (Props to Will, Savannah, and Rosie for squeezing in the third row seat so we could all ride together.)

Getting some quality time with Aunt Liese
By the way, you know an awesome way to road trip with an infant? Have your dad drive, your mom sit next to him to entertain him, four of your siblings provide backup entertainment, and you ride shotgun and nap the whole time. :) Thank you, family!
Naked and happy in the Cracker Barrel parking lot
Anyway, it was awesome to get to see Granny, and such a privilege to introduce baby Jack to her. It makes my heart very happy that they know each other -- it has always been a dream of mine that my children would know her. She just loved him. I knew she would, but it was just precious to see. Watching her with him brought back a flood of memories of how she played with us and loved us as children. What a wonderful trip. Thank you, Granny, for the woman you are. And, thank you, family, for letting us tag along!
The whole crew who visited (Mom's taking the picture.) And, we all have our St Paddy's day green on. :)
Liese and Granny
I love the way he's touching her hand...
Granny making Jack laugh
Four Gilman generations!

No comments:

Post a Comment