Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Empathy

If there is one thing Luke has been this entire pregnancy, it is empathetic. From the very first day I was sick (before we even knew for sure I was pregnant), to even last night when some nausea hit along with a good round of Braxton-Hicks, Luke has been as kind, helpful, and empathetic as a girl could ask for. He makes dinner. He runs to the store for gingerale. He can just tell when I'm starting to feel bad and helps or gives me space as needed - and you can tell he really feels bad that I feel bad. He gives me backrubs and footrubs. He tells me what a great job I'm doing. He works very hard to be able to get me fun things like a treat for dinner or maternity clothes. I really couldn't ask for any more. Yet, all of this doesn't mean it wasn't fun and funny to see him in the empathy suit at birth class. :)

Though, as he said, it really doesn't feel that different than the Kevlar vest and belt he wears every night to work, the not being able to take it off thing definitely added to his empathy. And, I have this priceless picture. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment