Monday, August 9, 2010

Watch the Baby Grow!

We had a little bit of a crazy first trimester and visited the doctor several times as a result. The upside? We got lots of pictures!

Each time we went to the doctor with possible signs of miscarriage, as soon as they put the Doppler on my belly, we would see this little baby, just floating around, in such a quiet, peaceful world -- such a stark contrast to the worry that we were feeling. It helped me realize that he or she wasn't worried at all, and that there was no point in us worrying either.

It was amazing to me to see what a difference days made in these early stages. Even when this first picture was taken, we could see the baby's heart beating. Watch this little baby grow!


6 weeks and 1 day


8 weeks and 2 days

10 weeks 3 days

12 weeks, 1 day

13 weeks, 2 days

17 weeks 5 days

Seeing these pictures reminds me of these verses from Psalms:

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13-14

I can't wait to find out who this sweet little baby is on Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment